Pages

Fleeting kindness.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sometimes I find myself a little too slow in putting on a smile for fleeting kindness.

To illustrate, the other day, my mum and I were having dinner and this elderly lady comes over and hands us a serving spoon, despite how we've already been using our own spoons and forks to serve ourselves. I didn't have a smile on my face, I was having a pretty sad day. And when she came over and put the spoon down, I didn't form a smile fast enough to let it show that I appreciate her kindness. As she turned away, I realize she didn't see my half-smile and she didn't hear my thank you which made me even sadder. 

Fleeting kindness, it comes and goes so fast that by the time you realized you've been on the receiving end of kindness, it's too late to show appreciation. Don't forget.

I guess what I can learn from this is: 
1. Always prepare a smile despite the mood you're in. People still deserve kindness, in the form of a smile, a thank you, a kind face (haha).
2. Don't be too blind sighted by the horrible things in the world, there's still glimpses of good. 
3. Try to not have sad days (haha).

Some kindness are so blatant, so sincere, those are easy to see. Those kindness that are so disguised and so easily overlooked, we will never know the full intentions of a person, whether good or bad. Despite that, I may still stick with the way I try to find the good in people, no matter what bad your eyes see or you ears hear.


There is a certain amount of disappointment and hurt that a heart can contain. I know, for sure, that by the time we reach this age (early twenties, and for some people, even earlier in life) that we already have suffered so much of these heart wrenching pain and we spend so many of our studying years just holding back, protecting, building this fortress around our hearts so we don't go through all that again. As flawed as humanity is, people are made in the way where their hearts react to love. No matter what kind of love, you'll find yourself being able to feel something else that's not pain anymore. I think its important to remember that moment you break a hole in that fortress again and start to look out. 

That moment matters, because when you look back, you'll remember that you can do it, you can let your heart love again. Everything looks better in hindsight. I'm saying this because, well.. everyone knows what will happen. You will get hurt (again) and you will be disappointed again, and there's honestly nothing you can do to prevent it. Because not loving is just not an option. We were made to love. That's why so many people spend their entire lives just trying to love something. Be it their job, their pets, their children, their lovers, Kpop, football, Dota, fashion, themselves... everybody loves something.

You know I've seen a lot of what the world can do
And it's breakin' my heart in two
Because I never wanna see you a sad girl
Don't be a bad girl
But if you wanna leave, take good care
I hope you make a lot of nice friends out there
But just remember there's a lot of bad and beware

Baby, I love you
But if you wanna leave, take good care.


                                       --Cat Stevens, Wild World

I read recently, that women love with their ears whereas men love with their eyes. And that's just exactly how the world is.


                                                                                                                                Remember to love.

No comments:

Total Views

Ads

Ads

Follow us on FaceBook

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS